
Thing 2 is still home from school and based on Monday's x-ray, shown above, the arm is still broken. Ugh, poor kid. She still has quite a bit of pain. I had hoped we would see some bone filling in the gap, but I'm just impatient, I guess.

She has been switched to a brace, replacing the plaster splint they put on in the ER after manipulating it. It seems like there should be something under the elbow, but what do I know? She says it feels "floppy", similar to when it was first broken. (Cringe)
We're supposed to be able to remove this brace for bathing, but the thought of taking it off makes us both feel a little sick. Maybe in a few days.
Oh, don't worry that the brace is on the left arm. The doctor says this is normal.

Ouch!
ReplyDeleteSorry thing 2.
I'm sorry to hear this. What kind of a break was it? If it was a greenstick break or any other that wasn't all the way through, you just have to immobile it until the healing starts (can you guess who just finished the bone unit in Anatomy?)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Joe!
ReplyDeleteJY
It broke all the way through, alright. Actually, the original x-ray, pre-manipulation is on a post a few days prior. I should have linked.
Ughhhh...poor Thing......wishes for a speedy healing
ReplyDeleteIs that really her x-ray? How long's it been? Is she seeing an ortho??? No pins??? No rods? Nurse Nancy here is concerned....More details please. (I've read both posts)
ReplyDeleteOwww! That looks like it hurts! And hurts bad! Here's to hoping it heals quickly and with as little pain as possible!
ReplyDelete