Sunday, May 3, 2009

One of these things is not like the other...


This is what happens when your cat finds a scorpion in the courtyard.   

Poor Tommy.

Thing one pulled a stinger out of his middle pad on the his left paw.

Doesn't it look like he is wearing a catcher's mitt?

meOW.

9 comments:

  1. Awwww, poor thing thing looks photoshopped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OWW...poor cat!

    We were just talking earlier about visiting family in Texas, and how you can't walk around barefoot because of the scorpions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look very sore. Will there be any lasting injury?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Tommy the Rockies are looking for a new catcher.

    MeOW is right - is there some little kitty drugs you can give him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe sprinkle some crushed Claratin over his canned tuna? Ouch, poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raven
    It does, doesn't it! I took several shots trying to show how really, really crazy it looked.

    bubs
    I don't go barefoot because of cactus stickers and heat, but I wear flip flops and slippers all the time. I have not seen more than a few since we have lived here, all dead. Probably years and years of extermination services have poisoned our property! Newer homes tend to have them more, I think.

    Sans
    I don't know about long-term, but now (24 hours or so later) it looks a little less than double in size - which is down quite a bit!

    GKL
    You know, I have Kitty tranquilizers that I have used to calm them when I have had to pull cactus out (in volume). Tommy actually didn't seem to need anything. Perhaps shock? He just napped and then left in the night. I found him in the yard this morning. He is really crabby, though. He's usually affectionate.

    Kirby
    I was going to shove Benedryl down his throat, but he seemed to be calm and cool. Believe it or not, he walks just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ouch! poor Tommy...hope he feels better soon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh now I get it - Bones injected Tommy with an alien virus, just like he did to Kirk to get him aboard the maiden voyage of the Enterprise. I guess you have to go see the movie now to understand what the hell I just said.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopefully he has learned his lesson.

    But I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete