Merry Christmas from Bubbles! My photo for the holidays is me at around age 3, maybe four. I guess I've always had trust issues!!
I have tried to post and read other bloggers but my Qwest high speed Internet hasn't been. High speed, that is. After at least six phone calls, escalating the problem up the chain of command, and four visits from technicians, I hope the problem is resolved. For awhile it felt like Groundhog Day each time I called in. Each time we had to go through the process of proving I'm not some stupid user, or that my router is whacked, or that I have a computer virus, or that it is the Macs fault, or the PC's fault, or whatever.
Now that they have switched everything - including the cables, the modem, and the switch location in the main box, I hope that I have a stable connection!
The three Things left for their vacation with their dad on Sunday. At first I was feeling pretty sad, especially since Thing 1 and I had a big fight the night before they left. It's pretty unusual for us to fight, and this was a big one. Lots of things were said and done that were regrettable. Thankfully, before they actually sailed off to Mexico she and I were able to put closure on it.
Now that they have been gone for a couple of days I'm enjoying my time alone. I purchased some firewood and I light a fire every night. It's been cold and wet, so the fire feels pretty good. I haven't cleaned as much as I would like, but I still have plenty of time and energy to get more done. I already feel more organized.
I haven't been alone since summer 2006 after my mom died. That is the last ime that all three kids were gone with their dad at one time. That week was unusual, though. I was in a bit of a daze, exhausted, and of course, very, very sad. This time I'm loving my independence. I'm sleeping very well, and feeling great.
My diet is a roaring success! I've lost about 17 pounds so far. I feel great and am looking pretty good, as well! I'll post more about this diet soon. It's a rapid loss program, so I think the biggest challenge will be keeping the weight off. Luckily I have sound knowledge and experience with Weight Watcher's maintenance program, so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to manage well after the program is over in mid-January. I can't wait to see what happened to my cholesterol and glucose. Both were looking pretty bad before the weight loss.
The hardest, and probably most beneficial part of the program has been eliminating alcohol from my diet. I sure miss my afternoon Happy Hour! I didn't have an withdrawal symptoms, but I sure wish I could have a beverage as the sun goes down.
My current drink of choice is Perrier or Pelligrino. I serve it up in a really nice wine class when I feel the need. I've learned that I simply love drinks with bubbles! I drink them fast and I drink them in volume. Some Guy definitely picked the right nickname for me.
I'll look forward to February when I will open a very nice bottle of my real favorite Perrier - Laurent Perrier Champagne. Ummmm. All good things are worth waiting for!
I hear the weather is bad all across the country. Where ever you are, I hope that your Christmas Eve is warm, peaceful and that you have loved ones close by. I'll be thinking about you, perhaps even catching up on your blogs, as I enjoy my fire and Perrier tonight.
Merry Christmas!

Merry CHristmas! I love that Santa picture--your suspicion is well-founded, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteHope I get this comment to post. I'm having computer stupid issues with your new blog.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the weight loss and the decrease in alcohol. I understand the 'wish I could have a drink or a cold beer'. I haven't been able to enjoy any alcohol in over 10 years now.
Merry Christmas. I love you.
Is that Dean MArtin singing?......I love that song!!!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas Bubbles!
ReplyDeleteYou can add music by inserting a widget.
Some instruction here.
There are many music widgets available, and this is just one offering.
That's a great pic, Bubbles! Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteAdorable. Merry Christmas.
ReplyDeleteOh man-- Bubs definitely needs to use that for his "Santa/Mistrusting Kid" Series!
ReplyDelete