Sunday, December 28, 2008

Peace on earth, Goodwill toward...


The phone call came.

The phone rang Saturday morning at 1:30am.  

At first I didn't hear it because I unplugged the old 2.4 GHz telephone on my night stand and did not replace it.  Did you know that 2.4GHz phones use the same frequency as WI-FI?  Yeah.  That was one of the many silver bullets splattered all over my house when the Qwest guys couldn't figure out why I couldn't consistently load error free pages on any of the computers in the house, in spite of their instruments showing that there were no data transmission errors coming into my house.  How that particular bullet helped with the problem when the modem was plugged directly into the back of any of the computers (not using WI-FI) I still don't understand.  

But I digress...

Thing One called me in tears.  She was banished to the stateroom by everyone in the family AND the "nurse" from the cruise ship.  Apparently she had some flu-like symptoms and not surprisingly, the nurse covered her cruise ship ass by recommending a quarantine.  Duh.  What moron called the nurse in the first place?  Oh yes, it was Mr. Moron himself, Mr. Ex.

Thing One probably knew what the problem was.  After all, I hear she was out until 6am (unacceptable, so who is in charge out there??).  Like her rebel mother, Thing One did not comply with the quarantine.  Shit, she didn't fight like hell to get this cruise to happen so that she would be banished to a stateroom!  Screw the rest of the passengers (who likely were AT NO RISK at all!).  It's not like they are going to refund the trip and let her enjoy it later!
Her "loving" (NOT) grandmother (Mr. Ex's evil mother) threatened to "report her to the cruise authorities".  Honestly, my Ex and his idiot family REALLY think that those cruise ship people give a crap?

The girls had been fighting, there was even a fist fight (doesn't happen on my watch - I'd kick both their asses), there was drama...  and of course Thing One needed to hear my voice.

Crap.  This was not a problem to deal with at $2.50 per minute.

Yesterday there were a couple of emails exchanged between Mr. Ex and me (who fully blames Thing 1), and I sent a couple to Things 1 and 2.   I gave them the 'ol "big picture" lecture.  You know, the one where I remind them that you need to support, accept and love your family.   That in the end they are the ones that you will have - especially after your parents are gone. And that at least with your family you pretty much know what you are getting... That life is too short to spend precious times together fighting... blah, blah, blah.

Did I hear anything back from anyone?  Of course not.  They successfully interrupted my Zen with their drama, and when it got resolved they moved on to have fun, leaving me completely out of the loop.  I sent Mr. Ex and email to make sure everyone was o.k.  He finally replied late last night to tell me all was great and there would great pictures to share.

Golly, thanks, asshole.

What a bunch of assholes.

What's really sad is that they all, including Mr. Ex, need to have me involved to resolve their drama.  Geeze.

So now I need to get back into my peaceful groove.  I only get 2.5 more days of peace on my earth.  Sorry, I've got no Goodwill to offer men at the moment.


5 comments:

  1. I once house sat for someone who went off to Europe for the summer and neglected to tell me that his ex always invented some problem that only he could deal with the minute he went away. I spent a day on the phone trying to track him down before I eventually figured out they were both full of shit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh! how aweful for you and the kids...and you are right why was thing 1 out and about late....where was dad?......grandma was going to report her.....I don't know if I should laugh or not.....what an ass

    ReplyDelete
  3. :::hugs::: to you... just keep repeating my favorite chant.
    "They will grow up, they will grow up."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Given the number of seniors on board, I think cruise ships always take the threat of anything communicable pretty seriously. I hope she was able to bust out of quarantine quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. kirby
    oh yeah. Dealing with this is like herding cats. I can't find the truth to save my soul. My solution? Everyone's ass is in trouble. That takes care of it!
    cheer
    I'm telling you, after all these years you would think my ex and his family's ignorance wouldn't shock me anymore!
    raven
    you promise? I've been really loving this time off... and to think I was once frightened I'd lose them! Ha! :-)
    vikki
    I'd love to believe that, but honestly, I think it has more to do with covering up food borne illness (better that all the sick people can't share with each other what they all ate), and preventing bad press from another "sick ship". Anyway, it all turned out o.k. After all, they *were* in Mexico!

    ReplyDelete