Last night I was up most of the night taking care of my sick, sick, sick little boy. Stomach virus - ugh. I was getting worried that we had a hospital visit in the works when he couldn't hold down ice chips and had lost what seemed to be gallons of fluid. I've been through that with another kid, and I never want to experience it again. Hospitals are the worst.
Thank heavens I never throw out old prescription medications. (I know, that is officially a bad thing... I'm just a rebel) I had some leftover anti-nausea suppositories from another kid's bout with this a very long time ago. They were old and expired, but I took a chance. It worked! He was able to sleep, hold down ginger ale, and by morning could get out of bed. He's right here on the couch playing on the other laptop. Ahhh.
It is a night like last night that makes me happy I'm still home. No stress to find sick child care, or worries about calling in sick for myself. Just me and my all-night sick boy, recovering from a rough night.
To hell with the worries about the stock market and all the losses, the debt, and all the rest. We've survived this long, and I'm glad I've made this choice. It won't be long and he won't need me like he does right now.
I'm counting my blessings today. I hope you will, too.
Have a great weekend.

Happy Friday to you too, Bubbles!
ReplyDeleteWe all have much to be thankful for! Have a Happy Friday and a great weekend too!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the boy is good. I love keeping old medication for these types of issues.
ReplyDeleteWait, did you say suppository....
ReplyDeletei hate when my kids are that sick.
ReplyDeletei normally go through and chuck all the adult expired medicine ... but the kid stuff i usually hang on to.
The picture you have posted really shows how strong our genes are. If I can find the pics of Boogie and Rain at that same age I'll prove it to you, it's amazing.
ReplyDeleteGreat job with the weight loss. I have no will power, I love food. Not just food, but sweet food.
The flan you are remembering was in Brazil. We use to eat sweetened condensed milk out of the can too.
Post your recipe please.
Keep old meds. DO NOT keep antibiotics some of them become toxic. Other stuff will either work or just become a placebo.
Love you.
Happy Birthday Bubbles!
ReplyDelete