
Woo Hoo!
The baby got over my bitterness. Getting it out really helped - so thanks.
Now I'm focusing on each day. I've been swimming again. I'm planning a bathroom remodel. I'm working on some major financial overhaul strategies. I sure hope the financial stuff works out. That would be sweet.
On the downside; cause damn it, downsides won't go away, the County Flood Control people, that came here to bother me in August 2007, decided to rear their ugly heads again. And trust me, if you used to read my blog in the old days, you might remember how ugly those flood control people are. Ugh.
I was served with notice that threatened me with being charged with a class 2 misdemeanor, punishable by a maximum penalty of $750 per day for every day the violation has occurred. Uh, that's since 2007.
I have the right to go to a hearing. I'll go. I'll make my case, which is basic. The flood control people object to a wall I put in between my neighbors house and me. I put the wall in, at considerable expense, with the neighbor's permission, without a permit. They have every right to have an issue with this. On the other hand, the wall was built without any formal reference to any lot lines. We have no idea if the wall in on my property, or the neighbor's property. If they can prove that it is on my lot, I'll take it down. Otherwise, it is the neighbor's problem - technically, anyway.
What do I have to lose anyway? My house is worth about what I owe on it... I could just pick up and walk. But I won't. That's now who I am, that's just not smart, anyway. I'll stick it out - unless...
I'm thinking I'll take a turnip to the hearing. When they start talking about the fines, I'll toss the turnip to them... and if they can squeeze some blood out of it, I'll start selling myself for cash. Otherwise, I'll just sit here and raise my kids. And when I'm done, or there's no hope for recovering, I'll make another decision.
So I got noth'in to bitch about. Crap just keeps flowing down the hill at me, but I plan to keep on handling it. I'll bitch sometimes, but in general, my problems are annoying -- but small. And for that I am grateful.

Yes I remember the whole flood control drama. Ugh. You are doing well not to get too upset about it though until you really know what the outcome is.
ReplyDelete