Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Illness Everywhere!


On top of having an acute case of mono, Thing 2 now has pneumonia.  Can you believe it?   She's had more blood work, an ultrasound of her abdominal organs, and a chest x-ray.  Every symptom of mono is presenting itself, including enlarged spleen, inflamed liver, sore muscles, sore throat, and fatigue.  Now she picked up the pneumonia somewhere.  It seems like we've been to the doctor or the labs every other day, I've been making gallons of hot tea with raw honey and shelling out ibuprofen like it is candy.

Thing 1 still isn't back in school, but isn't quite as bad as Thing 2.

I have the sniffles.  A cup of hot spiced rum with raw honey is tasting mighty fine right now.








4 comments:

  1. OMG.....is all that from the cruise?????? I feel so bad for you and the htings....sending lots of helaing and positive energy your way....hugs too....beer If I could

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about all the spelling errors

    ReplyDelete
  3. All hands on deck then and hang spring-cleaning.
    Wishing a full and speedy recovery for all the family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alternate with tylenol. They both work well but each has it's own benefits. They attach to different receptors so they help different kinds of pain. Both help control fever.

    ReplyDelete