
Yep, this is a freaking hospital after all.
Today we found out that Thing 1 has mono, also.
Let's see... with an incubation period of 4-6 weeks, it seems likely they caught this on the cruise. Spread from sharing utensils, straws, glasses or shot glasses, kisses... sounds a little like what may have happened to my uncharacteristically wild daughters when they went on the cruise with dad. Yep, payback is a bitch.
She doesn't seem nearly as sick as Thing 2, but the doctor said it was "acute", also.
So far Thing 3 has no symptoms.
That's about all that is new except I got an email from a company that I spoke with a few months ago. They want to talk about a couple of positions, including one that isn't posted yet. This is great, except the company is not local. A move sounds overwhelming, but it is the city that I have wanted to make my home again since I left there in 1975. Denver.
We'll see. Like I said, I'm not thrilled about the prospect of a move. The kids are o.k. with the idea, though. (As long as we have land and a barn, which might be a challenge.)
As usual, I'll take it as it comes. Everything happens exactly as is should and when it should, I think.
Have a wonderful weekend, and if you are lucky enough to enjoy a three day holiday - WOO HOO!!

Hey you got two out of three going for you. Two out of three great ones. Good luck
ReplyDeleteIck. Remind me never to go on a cruise. Good luck with the job thing.
ReplyDeleteYou'd trade your warmth and adobe and year-round citrus fruit for Denver? Wow.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the mono recovery.
Sorry about all the mono. Didn't you have it as a teen? I seem to remember some pissed off mom giving you a hard time about her poor little baby boy catching "that kissing disease" from "that girl". Maybe being as sick as she is Thing 2 will slow down a little for you. Love you. Hang in there.
ReplyDeletesorry about the sick kids. Good luck with any decision you make on the move. That's got to be scary. Especially since you just got your house the way you want it.
ReplyDeleteTime to break into that tequila, isn't it?
ReplyDelete