I'm fighting with my 16 year old tonight.
I can't help it.
I am so unreasonable.
I feel the need to make some one's life miserable.
I have to do it.
You see, there is a party somewhere tonight.
It is 10:30 p.m. and Thing 1 wants to go.
I say no.
I know, I know, my reasons are truly unreasonable.
Thing 1 has not been to school for two weeks. She has had mono.
I just can't help it. I need to be unreasonable right now.
Gosh this feels good. I love being unreasonable.

hooray for you!!!!.....mom's are always unreasonable...it's what we do and enjoy most in life!! keep up the unreasonableness( is that a word?)I am right there with you....
ReplyDeleteDon't you understand that going out to a late night party is widely recognized as an excellent recovery strategy for mono sufferers?
ReplyDeleteSheesh. Get with the times woman.
You are the law.
ReplyDeleteI would be unreasonable, too. She's been sick, could possibly give this to someone else and she needs to fully recover.
ReplyDeleteThere will always be another party to go to.
I've often said that being a good parent means being the bad guy once in a while. Congrats on being a good parent.
ReplyDelete